The Navi Mumbai Airport Influence Notified Area (NAINA) is an upcoming city that is been constructed around the proposed Navi Mumbai airport. CIDCO (City and Industrial Development Corporation) has been appointed by the Maharashtra government as the special planning authority for NAINA. Prior to CIDCO, the district collector Raigad had the authority to grant permission as per Section 18 of MRTP Act.
Also known as a Smart City, NAINA comprises of 560 sq.kms of land, which is much bigger than Mumbai. It is expected to give a major boost to affordable housing in the region. Several developers and land owners are coming up with their projects for NAINA; however, CIDCO is carefully investigating each proposal and accepting only those that comply with the NAINA guidelines.
The NAINA has 270 villages that fall in six talukas, which are Uran, Pen, Thane, Karjat, Panvel, and Khalapur. All six talukas come under Raigad and Thane districts. 14 villages fall under the Thane District and 256 fall under Raigad District. There are some villages that fall partly in the Matheran Eco Sensitive Zone (MESZ).
At close proximity to NAINA:
- Navi Mumbai International Airport (NMIA)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT)
- Proposed Multi-Modal Corridor
- Proposed Mumbai Trans Harbor Link (MTHL)
- Proposed Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC)
- And, many more…
The NAINA is a voluntary scheme, wherein the land area required for participating is 10 Ha. Under the NAINA scheme, land owners need to give 40% of their land to CIDCO and the rest 60% land has to be retained with the owner for development. The FSI will be made available on the entire balance 60% land and shall have maximum permissible FSI of 1.7. Owners of land, who are not participating in the NAINA scheme, will get 0.5 FSI and are required to FSI linked premium @30% of ready reckoner rate.
To know more about NAINA, you can contact an OSD (officer on special duty) at the following address. Applications for the Zone Certificate, NOC for N.A and various other proposals within NAINA project can be submitted at this office:
Navi Mumbai Airport Influence Notified Area (NAINA)
Tower No 10, 3rd floor,
Belapur Railway Station Complex,
CBD, Belapur – 400614
Call: 61365227 / 233.